Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 27, Just for Family


We left the caravan this morning and made a stop in Pocatello, ID to visit with my cousin, Elaine and her husband Jay. After hanging out in the RV a while, Jay had to go back to work and Elaine took us to their house.

They have a cedar/ log home on top of a mountain about 7 miles out of town. Elaine and I caught up on all the years since we had seen each other. It was so good to be with my Mom's side of the family, even though it was for a short time.

Joe enjoyed playing with their dogs and cat, as well as sitting on the back deck with this wonderful view.

She hasn't changed a bit, except of course the addition of time related ailments like lousy bones and other physical limitations. We had a few good laughs comparing our aging problems. I'm so happy we had this bit of time together. It meant a lot to me.

No comments: